Ever human undergoes a process of aging which is a result of degeneration of cells. The only way to halt this process is to make regeneration dominate over degeneration. In the regenerative process the cells are replaced by stronger cells and in the degenerative phase the good healthy cell is replaced by a weak one. This leads to a social, physiological, physical and psychological change in people.
Why does the skin age?
- Metabolism leads to the production of free radicals that age the skin faster. The only way to prevent this is to increase the foods and products which are loaded with anti-oxidants.
- Diets that deprive the body of vegetables and which are loaded on processed and high fat foods produce extra free radicals in the body. So it is imperative to pay attention to the fruits and vegetables intake as these, increase the anti-oxidant levels in the blood.
- The skin ages faster when there is a deficiency of the essential vitamin –Vitamin C. Smoking is one of the reasons why the body becomes deficient in this vitamin.
- Wrinkles, brown spots, dryness, and mottled skin are a result of over exposure to the sun rays.
- Lack of sufficient exercise causes the muscles to weaken and prevents the formation of healthy new blood cells.
- Alcohol and soda derivatives may also dilate blood vessels for a prolonged period and lead to the appearance of wrinkles .This also causes an increase in free radicals.
- Stress and tension along with a drastic temperature change can also cause aging.
- Sleep is essential for a glowing skin that sparkles with youth.
- Junk, fast and Fried foods lead to generation of more radicals.
- Pollution, current lifestyle, and many diseases lead to a loss of anti-oxidants in the body.
Prevention of aging:
- To prevent the aging process there are a few pointers and health tips that can encourage anti aging:
- Rhodiola, Ginseng and Maca are good to delay aging because they help boost immunity and develop a resistance to diseases.
- Vitamin C, A and E are full of anti-oxidants and they can fight the free radicals in the body.
- Try to make green tea a regular routine, as it is loaded on anti-oxidants.
- Laugh and keep sipping on natural water to keep free radicals at bay.
- Fresh fruits, fish and vegetables provide energy to the body and produce anti-oxidants in the body.
- Avocado, berries, grapes, red kidney beans, raisins, kale, artichoke, prunes etc are super foods for health and they are loaded on anti-oxidants that can help prevent aging.
- Cabbage, turnip, broccoli, sprouts, walnuts etc are very good anti aging foods and they keep the toxins from building up inside the body.
- Ginger and garlic are also very helpful in reducing free radicals.
- Fruits and vegetable juices especially watermelon are very good for the body.
- Sprouted beans, spirulina, seaweeds, wheat grass, olive oil, yogurt, radish and turnip help in keep the anti-oxidant levels of the body high.
- Use sunscreen skin products regularly to protect skin from direct exposure.
- Quit smoking and alcohol.
- Yoga improves concentration and blood circulation and improves the oxygen transportation in the body. When combined with meditation it can be very helpful.
Also Read: Easy and Natural home remedies for glowing skin