We may have entered into the 21st century but the common cold is as common as ever. There is no cure for this till now, and the viruses causing these infections are more prevalent and scarier than ever before. Researchers suspect almost 200 different types of cold viruses are flitting all around you, and that is the reason why we keep falling sick with flu, cough and cold. You can’t stay cooped up in bed always so it is imperative to have a protection against these rhinovirus infections.
The germs are in the air, and the microorganisms prancing all around us always. You may be surrounded from all sides by racking coughs and embarrassing sneezes. There is no treatment for the common cold because people, who are infected, often breathe out germs at whoever they come in contact with. We can learn how to avoid this seasonal scourge of cold transmission and stay safe. Is it possible to stay out of harm’s way? Learn how:
- 1) Keep your hands off: The viruses for cough, cold can contaminate everyday objects like shopping cart handles, telephones, door knobs, light switches, pens, faucets, TV remote controls, tables’ tops, and fridge doors and many other places by touch. These germs do not die and lie there in waiting by thriving for almost 24 hours.
- 2) Keep cleansing and sanitizing your hands: Handshakes and hand touches can spread the virus from one person to the other, so the best way is to keep hands washed, sanitized and free of germs all the while! Have you noticed that physicians and health workers keep sanitizing their hands every few minutes? This is the only way! So carry on washing hands for about 20 seconds!
- 3) Stay away from the infected: Unless you have no other option, it’s better to stay away from the people who are sick. Shaking hands is an absolute “No-No” as this will help keep the flu transmission down. Even if it is winters, staying cooped up indoors with an infected person can be dangerous. You can greet the sick friends verbally, we are sure they will understand!
- 4) Clean your homes: The infected switches, the door knobs and other “infection carriers” need to be cleaned thoroughly. There are plenty of germs and virus cleaning soaps available that can kill the harmful microorganisms to a great extent. Use them for cleanliness and hygiene.
- 5) Don’t share food dishes with each other and stay away from crowded places.
- 6) Be aware of your environment, there are plenty of contaminants that escape the normal eye. If you have been exposed to the flu symptoms, have a bath and change your clothes right away to wipe off the infections.
- 7) It’s a must to stay loaded on good and healthy food that contains essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals. These supplements are a must to keep the person’s immune system boosted and active.
- 8) Proper rest everyday helps keep the allergy attacks at bay. The lung inflammation stays down and the person learns how to live a healthy happy life.
- 9) It’s time to increase the fluid intake high at all times as this keeps immunity boosted.
- 10) Don’t forget to exercise as this will also keep the viruses and infections at bay.